You are here: Home / Images / Rippey Blacksmith, Implement and Odd Fellows buildings before May 13, 1914 Demolition

Rippey Blacksmith, Implement and Odd Fellows buildings before May 13, 1914 Demolition

The Blacksmith, Implement and Odd Fellows Buildings in Rippey, Iowa, before May, 13, 1914. An excerpt from the Jefferson Bee May 13, 1914: "By the time this issue of the Booster gets to our readers, the old Odd Fellows building that has stood on main street for over a quarter of a century, will have disappeared. The building was sold some time ago to M. Feith, owner of the Buckeye Coal Mines, and he has a force of men at work wrecking the building, and hauling the material out to his farm south of town, where it will be used in building a barn." The dedication of the new brick building that housed the Odd Fellows Lodge was held in December 1914. From Alice Grow collection donated by her daughter, Doris Brown to Jean Borgeson in 2010.
Rippey Blacksmith, Implement and Odd Fellows buildings before May 13, 1914 Demolition
Full-size image: 312.1 KB | View imageView Download imageDownload