How to Get a Library Card
In order to borrow materials, you must present a valid library card.
All residents may apply for a library card upon meeting the following requirements:
- Age requirements: 18 or older. Children under the age of 18 may apply for a card, but must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Parents/Guardians are responsible for anything checked out by their children.
- Valid Photo ID, plus proof of current Greene County mailing address. If a P.O. Box or HCR Box is used as mailing address, a location of residence is also necessary. (Proof of mailing address may be utility bill, rent receipt, check/deposit slip, etc.)
- You must also supply the following:
- Driver's License
- Date of Birth
- Name and phone number of a local reference, other than someone living in your household
THERE IS NO FEE FOR A LIBRARY CARD
Videos/DVDs are limited to three(3) per family.
A library is a cooperative effort and everyone benefits if all members participate fairly. We ask you to consider the following:
- Please treat your library card seriously, like a credit card!
- Don't allow anyone else to borrow on your card; You are financially responsible for items checked out on your card.
- Please return items on time and in good condition.